Thursday, June 12, 2008

Starting anew.

Welcome.

I'm glad you have decided to continue reading my blog on my climbing adventures and other events of my life. As you might have guessed, my previous life has come to an end. It is a sad thing, but it is the for the best and it is time to begin the newest chapters in my life.

So let me begin this new life with a new blog. Again, welcome friends and family.

I am preparing for the next climbing trip at the end of June. This involves counting gear and reading the guide books. I intend to spend an entire week in Squamish with friends, and I'm looking forward to doing some leads on gear. It has been a long time since I've lead on gear but my fear of leading seems to be gone with my old life. I'm taking on harder climbs without much fear. I seem to trust myself more and my confidence is allowing me to climb harder than before.

I've been improving my strength and patience while climbing. This has been a real trial as I have less time now than ever before. The summer will be filled with people coming to help prepare my home for sale. So many decisions have to be made these days. I'm thinking I will have to head out in the Fall and visit my family in Denver which when I do I plan to climb the Flatirons. Of course, I will have to buy more gear. My old life left me missing so many pieces. I think I'll need to do a bit of research on what the weather is like in the Fall for the irons.

I have many goals too for this summer. I'm hoping to also get to the City of Rocks. Maybe I will do this when I head to Denver? I will need to organize some friends for this process. I will need to make some new friends to be climbing partners with...which isn't easy. Most climbers my age have been climbing for almost five to ten years, and if they are my age, they have families they won't want to leave for a week. But the adventure begins whether I want it to or not.

Many more crunches, and hanging on the boards will be required.

So with that, you have read the first blog of many more to come.  New lives are difficult but in the immortal worlds of Grover from Sesame Street -- "Don't forget to breath -- In and Out!"

No comments: