Friday, June 13, 2008

Ways to be Entertained

If you ever get bored or just need to make a change, I highly recommend finding a tool that will be your guide. I found this great game. It is called PhotoGamer. You are provided three words and your goal is to take pictures of any combination of the words. You then upload your pictures...I don't know if you win anything except maybe some praise if your picture is enjoyed. (I'll post up my pictures -- I've taken them but have yet to submit my results.)

I have to upgrade my flickr account though so I have more pictures I can post online.

Lately, I have also been living my life day by day with Astrology -- yes, as a game. I don't take it too seriously, but I do find it interesting and surprisingly apt for once in my life. A few days back my horoscope advised me to take the day "hour by hour." For no particular reason I chose to do it -- live the day, hour-by-hour. I had a fantastic day. Even the power going out wasn't a big deal. I went out for dinner, and when I got home I put on the candles and enjoyed my evening. What a wonderful game!

Today, the Chinese Astrology crossed my path. I was born in 1973. The Year of the Ox. I did a little Yahoo! on the Ox and was surprised how it read. Probably doesn't mean much to you. To me -- it is apropos. Not sure how I'm going to implement the information...maybe just acknowledge that it vaguely resembles something in my life. Maybe you can think of a good way to turn this into a more interesting game?

My Horoscope for the last several days have been interesting as I mentioned. Today's read "... Trust yourself -- even if you make a mistake, it will be one that will teach you an important lesson. It'll also help you avoid that same pitfall next time. Independent thinking is not only healthy -- it is wise!"

I find it interesting yet I don't fully subscribe to the information. Too much hocus pocus, and interpretation required. Yet, you have to admit that is good advice -- Trust yourself; Think Independently; Learn. Not all my decisions are good, but I'm not afraid to make them. I look forward to what it will bring, and where it will take me. And it can be fun when you make it positive.

There are just a few things you can do to entertain yourself when you need a pick-me-up.

No comments: