Saturday, March 19, 2011

Round and Round We Go

The home I had with my Ex finally sold. That was a month ago, and I'm currently living in an apartment under my realtor's home. It is nice -- full kitchen, fully furnished, and my cats and dog are welcome here. The sucky part is all my things are currently sitting in a moving truck pack from end to end, bottom to top.

Originally, I was suppose to be moving into a new condo. I found the lovely little condo in downtown Poulsbo. It was a forclosure, and it was just inside my price range. Everything was going well, the mortgage company assured me everything would be fine, and so given all the information I had it was expected that I might only be between homes for a few days. Five at most.

And then I got the call. The mortgage company can't make the numbers work. Why? Oh, no particular reason -- I'm self employed, in 2010 I made a decision to keep my income low, and ... There is nothing more annoying than stupid people in charge of financial matters. Seriously, what do you call and institution that wants a nearly 40 year old to have his retired mother co-sign on a home purchase, when you have over half the value of the property saved, your offering 20% down, and you still are considered a risk because you run your own business that has been profitable every year since the beginning?

I call that stupid. And what can I do? Well I asked Mom to co-sign. And she, of course, thought it was ridiculous but was glad to help her son. Thanks Mom!

And now, it has been a month, and I still have not gotten to move into my new place. I'm sitting on the couch and wondering if I want to start unloading part of the moving truck so I can find my business records and file my taxes, or deposit my business checks -- yeah, I know, what was I thinking packing up my skis, my climbing gear, my business. I cannot even deposit checks (I could but I have a process that I like to go through to keep everything organized.) I should have at least kept my harness and shoes... WHAT WAS I THINKING?

So I sit and wait. Deep breaths. It will all be resolved. For now, I have some down time.

1 comment:

The Cancer Assassin said...

Hi Chrispy!
I am so happy to hear that things are going great for you! Even though your fun stuff is all packed away :( Perhaps use this time as a gift to relax and take some time to focus just on your own personal needs etc. Maybe you packed all your fun stuff away for a reason:)
Take precious care and much love to you. Keep on having fun, live like every day was your last and leave nothing but love in your wake.
Oh and CONGRATULATIONS! on the sell of your home! I completely thought you would be in CO by now :)